Saturday 28 March 2015

Easter Candy



Good Morning,

I hope your weekend has started off well.

Today I am very excited to share my first post using the gorgeous new collection from Craft Asylum called Candy.  The colours of this collection are fresh, modern and perfect for the coming months.

I have created a modern Easter card to share today.  When I first created this card I was planning on adding a regular sentiment such as Happy Easter but with the amazing die cut elements that come in the 12 x 12" Paper Pad I decided to put a modern spin on the card and just use 'Celebrate Today'.


To make the card:

1.  Using white cardstock create a 5 x 7" tent fold card blank.  Layer grey cardstock onto the front.
2. Add a layer of the heart patterned paper.   Adhere 2 border strips across the bottom half of the card.
3.  Trim a panel and die cut a square from the top half.  Adhere vellum into the cut out.
4.  Adhere this panel to the centre of the card and trim 2 eggs from pattered paper.
5.  Adhere the eggs to the panel and add a strip of paper across the centre of them.
6.  Add the 'Today' strip and trim the 'celebrate' sentiment.  Adhere to the side of the vellum panel.
7.  Use a few adhesive sparkles to embellish.

Materials:

White & grey cardstock
Vellum
Adhesive sparkles


I hope you like this project.  As always if you have any questions please let me know.
I will be back next weekend with some more inspiration.

Katie 






No comments:

Post a Comment